VT Restaurant Week. Ten glorious days of amazing menus and great offers from restaurants all over the state. With so many spots to hit year around, Restaurant Week adds extra appeal because it features special menus featuring each restaurants' best dishes.
Last year, I was a slacker. I realized towards the end of the week that it was about to end and hadn't made it to any of the awesome places that were participating. A friend and I made a last-minute reservation at L'Ammonte Ristorante and it was... fantastic.
This year I knew I had to have a plan.
I started scoping out the list early, and as restaurants were added, I made my list of "musts" and "wants".
Here's what I settled on. Reservations made. Excited!
UPDATE
Now that VT Restaurant Week has come to a close, here's a recap of where I went and what I had. And no, I didn't order all of this... I made friends and family tolerate my at-the-table picture-taking.
Highlights:
I had the best tiramisu of my life.
I will forever want brussel sprouts on my pizza.
I ate a baby squid-shaped calamaro.
Cafe Provence Waterbury
menu
 |
| Escargot Provençal With tomato, garlic, Pernod, wilted baby spinach and a petite salad |
 |
| Curried Calamari on Forbidden Rice |
 |
| Caesar Salad in a Crispy Cheese Cup With shrimp |
 |
Stuffed Crêpe With orange-strawberry cream and chocolate sauce
Flourless Chocolate Cake With raspberry coulis |
Pizzeria Verita Burlington
menu
 |
| Insalata Mista Local mixed greens with red-wine vinaigrette and goat cheese |
 |
| Insalata Colorata Roasted seasonal beets, avocado and microgreens in citrus vinaigrette |
 |
| Salsiccia e Funghi Tomatoes, housemade fennel sausage or hot Italian sausage, fior di latte, mushrooms, Grana Padano, fresh basil, EVOO |
 |
| Brussel Sprouts Fior di latte, brussels sprouts, speck, pecorino Romano, garlic, EVOO |
 |
| Tiramisu Layers of espresso-and-rum-dipped biscotti and mascarpone custard |
 |
| Sorbetto Bindi Orange |
Pulcinella's So. Burlington
 |
| Insalata Verdure Organic mesclun greens, carrots, cucumbers, onions and tomatoes with red wine vinaigrette |
 |
| Zuppa Del Giorno A bowl of any one of our daily soup inspirations |
 |
| Arrosto Petto di Pollo al Mattone Brick-grilled chicken breast, creamy polenta, broccoli rabe and a balsamic-reduction sauce |
Did you have VT Restaurant Week plans? Have you been to any of the places on my list? Let me know in the comments below!
xo Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment