One of the best things about my new place is the excitement of decorating - making it my own and not having to worry about nail holes or painting the walls back to white when my lease is up. When I lived in North Carolina, I furnished my apartment at lightening speed (with help from my parents) so my tiny space would instantly feel like home. This time around, I'm taking the time to find pieces that I'm completely in love with... even if that means going without a couch for a while.
Starting, or rather expanding my very small art collection is probably what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm so excited to find things that are beautiful but also have meaning, and I know searching for the best pieces is going to be a ton of fun. The plan is to visit some local New England galleries and also find something from North Carolina, having spent my first three years after college there. I'm also going to try to convince some of my creative friends into making me something!
Details from the collage above:
City in Cerulean Blue // Multicolor Abstract // Ski Vermont 2008 // Aurora Borealis in Malletts Bay // Awakening // Solid Kiss // Falling Rich Petals // World Map Print
You can also print your most snazzy Instagram photos, and it's super affordable! So many options, from paper to canvas to books.
Ok, I can't resist. Here are a few more. Obviously I'm having a major thing for bright color right now.
Some of these are a bit pricy, but shop around and you can score some great deals. Here are some of my favorite places to art shop:
Do you have an art collection? Which artists and pieces are your favorite? Let me know (and link!) in the comments below!
xo Emily


No comments:
Post a Comment