I'm finally getting around to posting some photos of the new place. My #1 on my 101 in 1001.
I really wanted to take lots of "before" pics so I had something to refer back to once I make it home. The lighting made it challenging, but I think I managed to capture the essentials (crazy colors included).
Here are the basic facts:
It's on the second floor.
742 square feet.
The building has a gym, club room, and outdoor common area with grill and fire pit.
I'm downtown, meaning restaurants, bars, shopping and the river walk path are right outside my door.
I know. The paint colors... And that bookcase in the living room... I wasn't a fan at first, but I have to admit it's really grown on me.
The only thing I really had to sacrifice was not having a balcony... but with the lake and mountains so close, I really should be going out and doing stuff rather than sitting here anyway!
I can't wait to show you all what I do with the place.
Oh and... which room would you paint first?!
xo Emily






Nice Place Em. I think I'd have to paint the bold blue wall first because it looks like it's in the main area off the kitchen but that green bathroom would have to be a close second. Maybe a Saturday/Sunday project where you get rid of both in a weekend. The idea of a new house excites me but with a second little one on the way any day, I think we'll be staying put for a while and I'll live vicariously through you. Make sure to update with the progress. Congrats!
ReplyDeletethat crazy blue in the first picture is actually the same color as the second picture (the lighting was making things look kind of crazy!) Depending on the time of day, it can look grey or green or blue, but it's definitely not as dark as it looks in the first pic. I will definitely share along the way as I make it my own - hopefully I will get to meet baby #2 someday at the shop! :)
Delete