Monday, February 03, 2014

quick eats: twisted guac.

This year for my sister's annual Super Bowl Party we decided to do Taco Night. She was handling all the major stuff but I wanted to bring something awesome (and easy, since I spent the entire morning snowboarding).

I love guacamole and channeled my inner Emeril to kick it up a notch. It was a huge success, so here's the recipe:


INGREDIENTS
  • 2 large ripe avocados
  • 1 tbsp mustard with a kick (my favorite is Sweet Sombrero from Green Mountain Mustard)
  • 1 small tomato
  • 4 green onions
  • 1 lime

METHOD

ONE.
Cut avocados in half, remove pits and scoop flesh into bowl. Mash.

TWO.
Stir in mustard. Use more if you dare!

THREE.
Dice tomato and finely chop green onions (mainly using the white part); 
combine with avocado mixture.

FOUR.
Squeeze a little of that lime juice into the mix.


Enjoy!

Let me know if you give it a whirl with any variations - cilantro, red onion, other flavors?!


xo Emily

1 comment: