Well, January has been turbulent, to put it lightly. But I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and despite some of the surprises and challenges, there's been some really exciting things happening too! I don't want to jump the gun, but hopefully I'll be able to share more on the good stuff really soon! *coughhomeownercough*
When the unexpected smacks you like a ton of bricks, we've just got to hang in there. And honestly, there's no doubt in my mind that we have to go through difficult things to grow and get as much out of life as possible. Even if it stings, it means you're alive.
I'm all about some inspirational songs and quotes to get through life's curve balls, so I thought I would share my favorites right now, getting me through the madness.
Words of wisdom from a talented and smart lady, Alicia Keys. The full quote:
"If you’re not totally head-over-heels adoring and loving me at every moment, I’m not even into you. I need that. I think we deserve people who really, really love us. Like whether you’re a thousand miles away or right there, you need to make the person feel special, and you have to feel special too.”
Ok, so at the risk of sounding completely self-centered, she laid it out there. And she's right! Part of loving is loving at every moment, not just the convenient ones. When we're really lucky, we adore someone just as much as they adore us. I have a lot of amazing people in my life that do just that, and it's unbelievably awesome (and a little overwhelming) to be on the receiving end of all the love. I'm trying my hardest to give it all back too.
What I've been listening to lately:
> Anything from Adventure Club (seeing them at Higher Ground in February!)
> Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys
> Invincible by Borgeous
> Enjoy the Ride by Krewella
> The entire Halycon Days Deluxe Edition album by Ellie Goulding
Finally, of course, what's a little inspiration without something from Shakespeare?
I can't even explain how much this resonates for me right now, as I'm reminded to stand up for myself, go with my gut and know that the only things I have complete control over are my own words and actions.
"To thine own self be true."
And that's what I plan to do.
xo Emily


No comments:
Post a Comment