Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The very first.


Here it is.
Drum roll please...
My very first blog post. Woo!

...Umm. Now what?

Just kidding. Sort of.
I've wanted to start a blog forever, especially as a marketing and social media maven. But even though I'm all about liking, sharing, tweeting, following and commenting, the task of writing an entire blog post on my own seems... terrifying.

Despite the apprehension, a new year seems like the perfect time to dive headfirst out of my comfort zone. I mean, I dove headfirst out of a plane this summer and not only am I here to tell the tale, but it was awesome. So how scary can blogging possibly be? I might even like it!
 
Anyway, scary is good.

This year has been one full of challenges that seemed too big to take on, adjusting to a new, fantastically crazy job, moving home after seven years away; yet I'm now on the other side feeling quite accomplished and so excited about what’s to come. There’s something to be said for taking a risk and putting yourself out there, being vulnerable. Sometimes it’s unintentional and those moments sneak up on you, forcing you to muster up some power that you thought was reserved only for superheroes or the runway-stomping, six inch heel-donning Victoria’s Secret models. The best part is, with every new conquest comes the need for another, to go bigger and push harder.
Obviously this time, Step 1: blog. Step 2: take over the world.  

So I'm going to take it one post at a time. Get ready for lots of cooking, DIYs and thoughts on fashion, business, marketing, design and whatever else captures my attention. My hope is that it will at the very least be entertaining, and perhaps at best inspire you, not just to craft and cook but to think and do; challenge yourself – your mind, your body, your heart.

While we’re getting in touch with the feels, I guess this may be a good time to share a little about myself, just so you know what you’re really in for. I’m a 20-something SWF who has a soft spot for glitter, witty banter and long walks on the beach… Ok, in all seriousness I am a fan of the beach, but I also love hiking or kayaking or snowboarding (a recently added skill-in-progress). I’m also a horse owner, occasional runner, barre addict and Vermonter with a need to create.

I think that’s all you need to know for now, but there’s more to come very soon.

xo Emily  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world!! I think you'll love it. And just keep in mind that this is YOUR blog, so make it work for whatever your lifestyle is and don't get pressured into making this anything you don't want it to be :)

    ReplyDelete